Friday, September 18, 2009

Why I am riding


I am riding for a variety of reason I suppose. The main reason is to tour this great country and meet the many different people along the way, and find out about their lives, traditions and cultures. To talk about the Tibetan culture, which I feel deeply for. I can't really explain why I do, it could be karma, a past life, who knows? I know that I have a deep respect for a culture that has fought for years for what they believe in. That no matter how bad things are to have a smile for everyone around you. That we can learn from their culture, that we still have great traditions and culture here and that we need to protect them, learn from them and give back to them through teaching our children and keeping alive the cultures. I am riding my motorcycle to learn, to bring back with me other's lives, so others can see through their eyes how they may live and what they do in their everyday life. A big task but doable. To talk with others about Tibetan culture and why we must help to save it, how we can all play a part in doing something great. I am going to be stopping at towns and hold informative meetings about what I am doing, show a movie produced for the Antahkarana International called Hope in the Wind, show photographs of were I have been, and most of all to be there in that moment listening to others.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hallie,
Very Nice Site Set Up....!
Even tho it may not look like a big difference to travel by bike......You are not enclosed in a "Cage" and by being out in the open...open yourself to more experiences...whether by the smells of the forests the sounds along the way....or having More People come up to your more accessable Presence...being out in the World ...On a Bike is truly a unique experience...
JC[XPLOR}