Saturday, October 17, 2009

Meeting with Lions International-Bozeman


As I walked into the meeting room, I was greeted by a group of around 18 men and women that all were happy to see me there with them. I was with my dear friend this day, Deanna the executive director of Antahkarana, and we both were given a seat at the head of the table and fed an amazing meal. To be honest I was a little taken back by the generosity of what was going on. I just didn't think this was possible for some reason. After we ate we were given the room to speak about our cause and to talk about what we are doing in Tibet. Everyone was interested and could not wait to ask questions. I met Mary Kay who could not give us enough praise for the work we do, and she was so happy to hear about the tour and that I was going to be traveling though-out the country giving speeches and asked if I would talk at other Lions meetings and then gave me a hug. I also met Keith who wanted to know what he could do for the ride as far as getting other riders together to join me on a leg of the tour. I was actually speechless, and so grateful to be in the company of these fine people. It made everything so worthwhile. I stopped to think why I was so amazed at the generosity and it boiled down to how people sometimes come across for the most part anymore. Unfortunately I think people have gotten away from that human and personal touch, they are more into email and facebook that just being around people can be uncomfortable at times. I think we all need to get out there more, and talk to people, get to know each other again, our neighbor or our co-worker. Just say hi and smile, that is all it sometimes takes to make another persons day.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm glad you posted your link in the XPLOR site. I wish you the very best of luck in your endeavor and in your travels.
I'll be following along.
again, good luck. Kevin