Saturday, October 3, 2009

Getting through it all


So it has been asked at my last meeting, the questions I have been waiting to hear "your just doing this for fun aren't you? Are you just using the non-profit to justify it?" and my personal favorite.."wow, you do nothing and get free stuff...how does that happen?" So in response to that I said to them, no and yes, it is fun for me because I am doing something I feel passionate about, I am riding for something I believe in and that is not something I take lightly. I would never use a non-profit for benefit, where would the sense in that be? I am helping out a non-profit that I believe is wonderful. Do I like the free things? Yes, who wouldn't, but do I take that for granted? No, never would. I appreciate everything I have and do receive. I will always be forever grateful for my sponsors generosity and kindness. It is not easy in this day and age to just give, but they did and do. I respect that. Without them I could do this still but it would be harder yes, but still do-able, just not in any sort of time frame as in this next year. I am finding that some people ask me these questions with a grain of salt because they may want to do it, maybe have always wanted to have the same goal or ambition or maybe just out of spite, I have no idea, and I answer each question with respect and move on. Not everyone is going to like what I do, not everyone is going to understand, and that's okay.

No comments: